Have you ever searched for dog friendly restaurants, stores, bars, and more? It's tough to find them!

This is the all-inclusive resource. No need to look any further.

The Pooch Picks is the only place you need to go about all things 'dog'.

June 27, 2011

Lee Harvey's


www.leeharveys.com

Oh, Lee Harvey's, will you marry me?

Yeah, I just proposed to a bar and grill and yes, it's that great. Well, let me back up. It's absolutely frightening, but completely worth it. Ok, first of all, how creepy is it that it is named after the man that assasinated one of our most loved presidents?

So, when you're driving to Lee Harvey's, you'll be thinking 'Oh, TomTom must be wrong; this is a neighborhood'. Uh, huh. Shame on you for not trusting TomTom. That was your first mistake. Lee Harvey's IS in a neighborhood; in fact, it is in an old house! I can see you now, exchanging glances, shaking your heads. Just trust me! I haven't steered you wrong, yet, right?

There isn't much to the interior; it is a typical dive bar. Not a lot of room. Outdoors is where the party is at. They have somewhere around 80 picnic tables outside in the backyard. It isn't as scary as it sounds, I promise. They have firepits that they light up during the winter and bands come and play on the outdoor stage throughout the week. They have a few different food and drink specials throughout the week, ie. $1 tacos.

The food is great. The only appetizer that I have had, so far, are the onion rings. Let me tell you, those onion rings are enough to make me want to return again and again! Perfectly battered and fried- they are probably the best onion rings I've ever had. The kicker is that they have this spankin' aioli sauce to dunk them in. It is spicy and sweet. Definitely a win, but not for the faint of heart. The burgers are phenomenal; if you find yourself craving a home-cooked style burger, this is the answer to your prayers. It tastes like your dad just took it off the grill! I could almost hear him hollering at me that dinner was ready. The giant burger comes with an order of equally great fries. Perfect! The burger come with all the fixin's, including thickly sliced, sent from heaven, bread and butter pickles. Let me say, I abhor bread and butter pickles, but these have been kissed by God. The fish tacos are also incredible; the fish is grilled to perfection and they have the same spankin' aioli sauce that the onion rings come with and a jalapeno relish. They are spicy! Start slow. I don't know what is with me and fish tacos, lately! Ever since I started doing this site, I find myself eating them all the time. It is weird! They used to revolt me. These are good enough to convert the biggest unbeliever. They also come with baracho beans that taste like smokey leather. Take that as you will.

All in all, one of my new favorite dives! The food rocks, the drinks are cold (full bar), and live local music is a win for me!

No Bones About It (Lennon's Take On It!)

O.M.G.
Mommy didn't tell you the single best thing about Lee Harvey's! They love their doggys! On Sundays, they even close the gates and dogs are allowed off the leash. It allows Mommys and Daddys time and freedom to socialize, as well as gives me a chance to make new friends. There is plenty of room for us to run around in and big buckets of water for us. There is even a little cooling pool.

Mommy met the owner, Seth, and he gave me a lot of loving! I'm definitely giving Lee Harvey's 5 Paws Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment