Have you ever searched for dog friendly restaurants, stores, bars, and more? It's tough to find them!

This is the all-inclusive resource. No need to look any further.

The Pooch Picks is the only place you need to go about all things 'dog'.

June 24, 2011

J & J Oyster Bar

http://www.jjbluesbar.com/menu.htm

Since I'm a coastal girl, I miss being able to have fresh seafood whenever it strikes my fancy, but I just found the cure! J & J Oyster Bar in Fort Worth serves fantastic, reasonably priced, fresh-tasting seafood.

It's a small dive restaurant, but they have a nice patio and really friendly waitstaff. I highly recommend their jalapeno hushpuppies for a starter. They are $3.25 for about 12 cigarette-style hushpuppies. They rock! They aren't dry, nor too spicy.

The combo platter is a great deal; I've had the scallops and stuffed crab. It was absolutely fantastic. I'm really funny about my seafood and this was one of the best stuffed crabs I've ever had. For 11 bucks, you get around 8 fried scallops, a stuffed crab, and you choose a side. The side options are cole slaw, fries, rice, or steamed veggies. Supposedly the cole slaw is incredible, but I'm not really a cole slaw aficionado. It all just tastes like sweet mush to me, so I can't comment. The amount of fries they give you is absolutely ungodly. They literally fill an entire dinner plate. I'm not a fan of them, but if you like Mooyah's fries, you should like these!

The fish tacos there are also decent; they have too much stuffing for the tortilla, but the stuffing is great! Tons of pico and almost a whole avocado top them. $8.50 for three and your choice of a side isn't a bad deal.

I'm pretty excited about the Po'boys and that's definitely what I'll be trying next time.

Parking is a little sketchy; I think if it was prime dining hours, it would be a bit rough finding a spot. I want to say that the beer is $3 a pint and $9 for a pitcher. Something like that.

The only problem that I've had is that they're a little slow bringing out refills... But they are really friendly waitresses!

We'll definitely be returning!

No Bones About It! (Lennon's Take On It!)

I really dig J & J Oyster Bar. The waitresses gave me a lot of attention! What kind of dog doesn't like attention from pretty girls?! Not this one... They brought out fresh water for me without Mommy having to ask AND brought out a glass with ice in it for refills. Mommy was a little irritated that I was able to get refills without asking and she wasn't, but it is part of being a cute puppy. :)

Like I said, super pooch friendly! Water without asking and lots of attention = a win to me. Plus, the scallops make my tail wag!

J & J Oyster Bar gets 4 Paws Up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment